CNC Machine Operator
Stevens Industries,Inc. in Teutopolis is GROWING! We have several openings for CNC Machine Operators that pay between $16.60 and $24.20 per hour depending on experience and shift. These are full-time, permanent openings with excellent benefits and TREMENDOUS retirement plan! With some overtime included, your 1st year earnings could be between $40,000 and $60,000 with annual raises and opportunities for advancement.
Our CNC Machine Operators perform highly repetitive types of short cycle machine operations on assigned machinery in the manufacturing plant. You will perform routine setups (some are simple depending on experience level), speed, feeds, and tooling. Your position will require machine tending, feeding the machine, starting it, stopping it, and watching for imperfect operation and making adjustments. You will use measurement instruments to check work and may operate a computer console. Must be able to manage daily machine troubleshooting. For bigger issues, you will call it to the attention of a team leader or maintenance. This position needs to take ownership of the work and ensure quality results
- Knowledge would normally be acquired through a high school degree or trade program.
- One-year previous experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to read materials for accuracy.
- Ability to write to accomplish such tasks as completing forms or communicating simple instructions.
- Ability to perform mathematics used to set up and operate machines and equipment.
- Familiar with CNC and saw or multi-head routers or press solutions; ability to learn quickly from experience and apply learned solutions to future issues is essential. Needs to be able to perform routine daily maintenance and know when to partner with maintenance team when appropriate.
- Ability to observe machine operating conditions and identify potential issues that can result in poor product quality and machine breakdowns and correct in advance.
- High level understanding of manufacturing processes, an appreciation and understanding customer requirements and application of their products that we are producing.
- Ability to understand internal stakeholder needs - how to work with departments that receive the product you produce in order to resolve issues.
- Ability to make decisions that are sort range that can impact the entire production process.
- Ability to independently complete tasks assigned by others. Only unusual problems are referred to more experienced staff.
- Ability to function as lead worker. Responsible for cross-training others, instructing new hires on similar machinery.
- Ability to communicate to explain or interpret well-defined business issues or procedures, following established patterns.
Stevens offers an excellent benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We offer the area's top retirement plan and many employees retire early and comfortably because of our employee stock ownership plan. Tuition Reimbursement, many Advancement Opportunities, Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus, and Annual Raises round out our benefits. This is a great opportunity to start a long term, rewarding career! This position pays between $16.60 and $24.20 per hour depending on experience. This could mean starting annual pay with overtime is between $40,000 and $60,000 per year! Openings available for CNC operators on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
Please email a resume to email@example.com or apply online at http://stevensind.com/careers. All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran